Do you like connecting people so they can share ideas and inspiration? This job could be for you…
The Llangollen & Dee Valley Good Grub Club (GGC) would like to contract administrative support for Club activities for a year from March 2020, with further work contingent on funding.
The Llangollen & Dee Valley Good Grub Club is co-operative of independent businesses from the retail, hospitality, farming and food sectors in and around the Dee Valley, North Wales. We offer networking, training and events that aim to:
- Increase the availability of food raised, grown or made in our region;
- Improve the quality of the visitor experience to the Dee Valley; and
- Provide training and mentoring for local young people keen to work in the food and drink sector.
Role & Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the GGC Committee in its delivery of the following activities:
- Organisation of meetings for the Club Committee and its members
- Managing club membership applications
- Sharing information and opportunities with Club members via the club website and social media
- Meeting with local organisations, schools and other institutions.
Specific responsibilities of the position will include the following, for which training will be given:
- Meet regularly with Club Committee members to agree tasks
- Respond to emails to the club email account, replying or redirecting to Committee members as needed
- Manage member information through excel and an online system
- Organise and attend Committee meetings and Member meetings, taking and circulating meeting minutes
- Source quotes for venues, resources or other materials required for particular events
- Track GGC members on social media and via their websites to share events and marketing
- Encourage members to attend club events through emails, social media and phone calls
- Write short updates for the Good Grub Club website.
Experience and qualities required
|Skills / Experience||Ability to communicate with, enthuse and motivate businesses and partners
Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
Evidence of strong organisation skills
Ability to use internet to gather information e.g. into pricing
Ability to write short reports, news articles
|Previous experience in similar role
Ability to communicate in Welsh
|Personal attributes||Ability to work independently with good problem solving skills
Ability and willingness to build positive working relationships with members
Evidence of ability to meet deadlines
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
|Based in or near Llangollen
Has own transport
Interest in local food and drink sector, hospitality or tourism
|Qualifications / licences||Driving licence|
Contract terms and location of work
The role will be paid at £10 per hour for 15 hours per month. Much of the work will be home-based within the Llangollen area, with occasional meetings out of town. Travel expenses from Llangollen will be paid. Any additional hours will be agreed in advance and payable at the same rate.
Additional opportunities will likely be available for those excelling in the role, for which payment would be agreed under separate contracts.
The position is being advertised on a contract basis for someone who is registered as self-employed. Support can be provided for registering as self-employed. The successful candidate would be responsible for submitting their own self-assessed tax returns and paying any national insurance due.
Commissioning party & selection process
The contract will be with the Llangollen & Dee Valley Good Grub Club (GGC). The successful candidate will submit invoices monthly for work completed, payable within 14 days.
To apply, please submit a CV (maximum 3 pages) and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how your experience, skills and attributes fit the role description above.
DEADLINE: 12pm (noon) on Thursday 27th February 2020